Extra special animal lovers required for the most vulnerable cats in our care!
Tiny kittens without their mum are completely reliant on the love and patience of their incredible foster parents. Although the role is uniquely demanding and can be emotional, it is also by far one of the most rewarding roles in supporting animal welfare. As a fosterer hand rearing kittens you will often have the privilege of providing a kitten with their first loving home, where they will grow stronger, learn many skills and develop their own character.
What you will be doing:
- Care for all the animal’s needs – feeding, grooming, cleaning, socialising and handling.
- Be happy to play a part in the rehoming process by providing photos, videos and regular updates via email.
- Collect supplies from our office in Eastcote HA5 and attend vets appointments when required.
What are we looking for:
- A carer who can attend to the kittens day and night establishing a consistent feeding routine. Very young kittens will need bottle feeding every two hours, day and night. As they gets older, they can take larger and less frequent feeds. Kittens also need to be stimulated to pass urine and faeces until at least three weeks old
- Homes were the kittens will be socialised with positive experiences and taught normal behaviour that the kittens would usually learn from their mother
- People with compassion, empathy and the appreciation that every animal is an individual.
- Homes within our branch area, so we can reach you in case of an emergency.
- Experience caring for cats
- A clean, warm environment
What does a Fosterer get?
- Regular contact with our Animal Welfare team.
- Ongoing training and support.
- All necessary equipment and supplies provided by the branch.
- Veterinary and behavioural support.
- Most importantly, you will know you are helping some of our most vulnerable animals until they are ready for a new home. All food, equipment, veterinary care and support is provided when you begin to foster and throughout the foster period.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply, please download and complete the volunteer application form. Your completed application form should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to 114 Field End Road, Eastcote, Middlesex HA5 1RL
Closing date 4th September 2020
Pet Fostering Application Form