Adopt a Rabbit today
There are estimated to be around 1.7 million rabbits kept as pets in the UK making them the third most popular pet after cats and dogs. Sadly, despite this rabbits are still one of the most neglected domestic animals. Rabbit are a high maintenance pet and parent must be prepared to take full responsibility for the rabbits. With a life span of 7-10 years and beyond children will often lose interest long before your rabbit reaches middle age, assuming that the children have not have left home or gone off to University. Rabbits are completely dependent on their owner to provide for all of the needs, can you commit to this for the next decade?
If you adopt a Rabbit from us they will come neutered or a voucher will sent at 4 months old, micro chipped, Vaccination and ready to begin their new life with you.
We carry out a home-visit prior to adoption and in some cases suggest minor changes that help ensure your home is as pet friendly as possible. We’ll also call or visit afterwards to make sure you and your new pet are adjusting well to your new life together.
Can you afford a Rabbit?
- Can you afford £5 per week for a pair of Rabbits including pellets, hay, fresh fruit and vegetables?
- Can you afford £5 per month pet insurance for each rabbit? By taking out rabbit insurance your rabbit is covered for many types of illness and injury and should a trip to the vets become necessary treatment can begin without the added stress of worrying about how you will pay for it.
- Can you afford rabbit vaccination each year at approximately £35 per rabbit?
- When required can you afford the unexpected vet treatment a rabbit may need throughout their life which is not covered by pet insurance, such a dental treatment.
- Can you afford to board your rabbit when you go on holiday or do you have a responsible friend or family member who can do this?
Can you meet your rabbit’s needs?
- Can you give your rabbit provide a suitable hutch of no less than 6ft x 2ft which is permanently attached t a run of at least 6ft x 4ft?
- Do you have the time to spend interacting with you rabbit every day? As well as to spot clean you rabbit’s hutch out every day with a full clean at least once a week?
- Rabbits are social animals as such we will only rehome rabbits in pairs or as a single rabbit to live with an existing rabbit.
- In the case of adopting a single rabbit to bond with an existing rabbit you will need to have the facility’s to accommodate each rabbit separately while bonding, this can take 2 weeks or more.
rabbit adoption charges
These charges will include:
- A health check
- Vaccination against myxomatosis, VHD1 & VHD2
- Neutering (for rabbits too young to be neutered at the time of adoption a voucher will be provided to cover the cost of this procedure)
If you would like to go ahead and adopt a Rabbit then view those currently available and simply click the contact us button
Phone: (020) 8966 9688 or Email: email@example.com