Adopt a Guinea Pig today
If you adopt a Guinea Pig from us they will come neutered (males only) and health checked ready to begin their new life with you.
We carry out a home-visit prior to adoption and in some cases suggest minor changes that help ensure your home is as pet friendly as possible. We’ll also call or visit afterwards to make sure you and your new pet are adjusting well to your new life together.
Guinea pigs are traditionally thought of as good first pets for children, but it should always be an adult that takes responsibility to ensure they are properly handled and cared for.
With a life span of 5 – 6 years children will often loss interest long before a guinea pig reaches middle age. Guinea pigs are completely dependent on their owner to provide for all of the needs, can you commit to this for the next 6 years?
Can you afford a Guinea Pig?
- Can you afford £5 per week for a pair of Guinea Pig including pellets, hay, fresh fruit and vegetables?
- Can you afford £5 per month pet insurance for each Guinea Pig? By taking out Guinea Pig insurance your Guinea Pig is covered for many types of illness and injury and should trip to the vets become necessary treatment can begin without the added stress of worrying about how you will pay for it.
- When needed can you afford the unexpected vet treatment a Guinea Pig may need throughout their life which is not covered by pet insurance?
- Can you afford to board your Guinea Pig when you go on holiday or do you have a responsible friend or family member who can do this?
Can you meet your Guinea Pig needs?
- Can you provide a pair of Guinea Pig with a suitable hutch avoiding ramps of no less than 4ft x 2ft and larger for a group?
- Can you provide daily access to a run of no less than 4ft x 4ft for exercise and larger for a group?
- Do you have the time to spend with you Guinea Pig every day?
- Do you have time to clean a Guinea Pig hutch out every other day?
- Guinea Pig are social animals as such we will only rehome them in pairs or as a single to live with an existing Guinea Pig.
In the case of adopting a single Guinea Pig to bond with an existing one you will need to have the facility’s to accommodate each Guinea Pig separately while bonding, this can take 2 weeks or more.
Guinea Pig adoption charges
Guinea pig £20
These charges will include:
- A health check
- Neutering (for males only)
If you would like to go ahead and adopt a guinea pig then view those currently available and simply click the contact us button
Phone: (020) 8966 9688 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org